Do your kids love to play pretend? I always feel like the 2-3 range is kind of a tough age to buy gifts for. They are quickly outgrowing the baby toys and are not quite big enough for some of the smaller piece toys or those that are catered for a more mature attention span. Whenever anyone asks my opinion on what toys to buy for this age, I always have a few that I default to. So I thought I would share them with you here! You will notice that some of my favorite brands are Melissa & Doug, Hape, and KidKraft, so you will see a lot of those here 🙂 If you have read any of this blog, you know that I am a big proponent of learning through play. I have written before about the importance of unstructured play and my affinity for wooden toys. While my kids do enjoy (and have more than enough of) the push-button, make music type toys, I tend to prefer the toys that really inspire creativity, imagination and dramatic play. So this gift guide is just that. Toys that I love for the 2-3 age range (gender neutral) and that inspire this type of play! Most of these can extend down to 1 year old and for kids up to 4-5. So here we go!
Disclaimer: Amazon affiliate links are included for your convenience. I receive a small portion of the sale if you choose to purchase through this link.
- Learning Resources Pretend and Play Doctor Kit
- Melissa & Doug Stamp and Sort Mailbox
- Aeromax My 1st Career Assortment A Costume
- Melissa & Doug Let’s Play House! Dust, Sweep and Mop
- Melissa & Doug Cutting Food
- Melissa & Doug Felt Food Sandwich Set
- Battat B. Parum Pum Pum Drum Toy
- Schleich Portable Barn with Accessories (see my review here)
- Hape Pound and Tap Bench with Slide Out Xylophone
- Hape Coffee Maker Playset (they also have an awesome toaster and mixer that I love!)
- Exciting Shimmering Water, Rainbow, Sound, and Sand Wooden Blocks
- Green Toys Tea Set
- KidKraft Uptown Espresso Kitchen (46% off!!)
- Plush Happy Kids Hand Puppets Set – 8 pc – Multi Ethnical Collection
- KidKraft Doll Family
- Hape My Handy Workshop
AND…because we LOVE all of you…there is a $230 AMAZON GIFT CARD GIVEAWAY!!! Enter below, winning will make your holidays OH SO merry 🙂
Enter your email address to get this FREE parenting tips mini-ebook delivered straight to your inbox.