Thanksgiving is over which means that Christmas is in FULL swing in our house and on the blog! We will only be home for 2 weeks before going out to California to celebrate with my family. That gives us A LOT to do in a short amount of time! We are getting ready to do our acts of kindness with our homemade advent calendar, in addition, we have made a bucket list of things we all want to do this holiday season! I have put together a free printable for you to use, just in case there are some things on here that you would like to do as a family too. I like to put this printout into a cheap picture frame and check them off with a dry erase marker.
Our Family Bucket List:
1) Have a Christmas movie night. My kids love the Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas and Twice Upon a Christmas Movies. What are your family favorites? Comment below or tweet me! I would love to check them out!
2) Bake cookies. We have planned to bake sugar cookies, use a house shaped cookie cutter and paint them like gingerbread houses. I haven’t actually attempted traditional christmas cookies with the kiddos yet…
3) Decorate the Christmas tree. I’m sure my kids will have different ideas of what our tree should look like than I do…I’ve been telling my husband how to do it for years! With a 4 and a 2 year old at home, this might be my year to give up control.
4) Go for a Christmas light drive. One of my favorite family traditions as a child was to go for a drive in our small town, through neighborhoods, and look at how the different houses were decorated for Christmas with Christmas music playing on the radio. I plan on continuing this tradition with my children.
5) Sing Christmas carols. I think I will count on YouTube for this one, my kids would much rather learn from a song on the computer than from me, should I be admitting that??
6) Make homemade ornaments. We have an I-Spy one and a melted crayon one in the works, that will be on the blog soon! My kids love making homemade ornaments, we are always looking for inspiration, again, comment below or tweet me with your ideas!
7) Make Christmas cards. I always print out or order the cute christmas cards and then never mail them…they are probably in the same stack as the birth announcements from the last two kids…so we are always last-minute making some for some set of Grandparents it seems!
8) Write a letter to Santa. This is a MUST, isn’t it? If you are in the States, and want one mailed back to your child FROM Santa, read how here.
9) Make a hot chocolate bar. We love hot chocolate around here, I was thinking of making it a fancy treat one night with chocolate spoons, candy cane stirrers, sprinkles, whipped cream…the possibilities are endless.
10) Make a homemade snow globe. I have seen these all over Pinterest, I’m not sure if we will do a photo one, or one with a trinket yet, but I’m sure we will come up with something fun!
What’s on your family’s bucket list for the holidays?
This post is part of the 12 Days of Blogmas series with Girl on the Move Blog and Motherhood and Merlot. Head on over to their blogs to check out a link of of other Christmas posts and come back tomorrow to enter into an AWESOME giveaway! And stay tuned for blog posts about the rest of these prompts!