We all have those people on our list that we just don’t know what to buy when it comes to a gift. Maybe it’s a co-worker who you don’t know that well, or maybe it’s your husband who buys everything that he wants for himself (ahem). Either way, you can’t go wrong in giving the gift of the NJ Lottery. With 4 festive new games, anyone would be lucky (no pun intended) to have the opportunity to strike it rich. Here is a really fun way to package those lottery tickets into a gift that will bring fun and excitement to the recipient!
A Surprise Gift of the NJ Lottery for a Lucky Recipient
What you need:
- holiday lottery tickets ($1 Holiday Luck, $2 Holiday Luck Times 10, $5 Jingle Bills, and $10 Cash in a Flash) *available at any brick and mortar Lottery retailer such as 7-11 and Wawa
- empty cardboard box
- gift wrap
- double sided tape
- wide ribbon
What to do:
- On a piece of wide ribbon, place double sided tape.
- Attach the lottery tickets to the tape in a line (I ordered the denominations from largest to smallest for the shock value when ‘opening’ the present).
- Once they are all attached, fold them back up accordion style.
- Tape the end of the ribbon of tickets to the bottom of the box (leaving enough space on the ribbon so that the last ticket can be pulled out of the box fully).
- Cut a wide slit out of the top of the box and tape the box shut.
- Pull the end of the top of the ribbon out of the box just enough so that the recipient can begin to pull the tickets out.
- Wrap the gift as you normally would.
This looks like your average present, but is fill of a wonderful surprise! When you gift the box, have the recipient begin to pull on the ribbon. Like Mary Poppins’ bag, the tickets will flow out of the box, increasing shock value and excitement as the ribbon grows!
This is such a simple and fun way to package the NJ Lottery tickets into the perfect gift for the Holidays. Stress-free and simple! I can’t wait to give this to my husband (remember the one in the first paragraph who buys everything he wants for himself?)! I’ll also be signing him up for the Million Dollar Replay Club, just in case he doesn’t win the first time around 😉
Want a cute little note to attach to your gift? Tell them you ‘hit the jackpot’ with them with this cute printable! Cut one out and stick it on the box with a personalized note 🙂
Disclaimer: You must be 18 or older to buy a lottery ticket. Parents are urged to think twice about gifting lottery tickets to children. The New Jersey Lottery reminds players, it’s only a game…remember to play responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, call 1800-GAMBLER®. This post is sponsored by the NJ Lottery, I received compensation for this post, however all opinions are my own.
For more information visit New Jersey Lottery
For more fun ways to use lottery tickets as gift ideas, check out the video below!
Enter your email address to get this FREE parenting tips mini-ebook delivered straight to your inbox.
That’s a fun gift idea. It adds a bit of surprise and excitement as you play the scratchers.