Being the mother of a spirited child is not always easy. Sometimes it’s challenging, often exhausting, and always rewarding. When others see snippets of my boy’s spirited nature they might quip that he’s ‘too loud’, ‘talks too much’, ‘interrupts’ or ‘doesn’t listen’. What they don’t always see, is that he is highly inquisitive, very analytical, has a HUGE heart, and is brilliant. My hope for him is that he has the patience to allow others to see these wonderful traits, and that he grows thick skin when some don’t always reciprocate that patience for his personality. As moms, we have great hopes for all of our children. Here are mine for my boy.
20 Hopes for My Spirited Child
1. That people see the joy in your laughter.
2. That you are heard, even if you’re ‘too loud‘.
3. That you have patience for those that might not understand you.
4. You find peace despite an overstimulated and active mind.
5. That your worries and your fears don’t keep you down.
6. That you find companionship in someone who can match your exuberance.
7. You never feel the need to change who you are.
8. That you are confident in your abilities.
9. That spontaneity becomes your friend.
10. That your voice is as welcome as a song to those around you.
11. To continue to run without inhibition.
12. That you always find a non-traditional use for an object.
13. That your ability to think out of the box serves you well.
14. That your spirit is perceived as a vision of hope.
15. That you channel your intensity into positive activities.
16. That your ability for deep love serves others through kindness.
17. Your compassion continues to show through your expressions.
18. Your ‘loud voice’ influences those around you in a positive way.
19. That you have patience for those who aren’t as intense as you.
20. That you NEVER lose your spirit.
What are your hopes for your own children?
Join the newsletter
Join the list!