Highly underrated and often overlooked, Vetiver essential oil is a household favorite. We don’t hear about Vetiver very often, but it is truly is a blessing in a bottle, especially for kiddos who need a little extra help calming down. Essential oils that help with peace and calm in the house are definitely some of my own personal favorite!
*This post contains affiliate links.
Reasons You Need Vetiver Essential Oil
Vetiver essential oil offers a rich, sensuous, earthy aroma and blends well with many of the other essential oils. A little Vetiver oil will go a long way and it should always be diluted.
Here are 10 reasons you should go out and get vetiver essential oil right now!
- Calms nerves while alleviating tension: Vetiver essential oil is remarkably calming and it’s my favorite pick for soothing children who are overstimulated.
- Reduces stress and mental fatigue: In India, Vetiver essential oil is referred to as the “oil of tranquility”; It’s known for its powerful ability to free the mind from worry and anxious thoughts.
- Balances emotion: Having a potent grounding effect vetiver essential oil is the perfect oil for when you’re experiencing emotional turmoil, and is especially useful when children need a little help finding their Zen.
- Strong and effective antiseptic: Highly recommended to compliment traditional medicine, Vetiver essential oil can prevent bacteria from spreading and improve health and wellness.
- Great for the skin: If you find yourself dealing with problematic skin, Vetiver to the rescue! A wonderful addition to your skin care routine, Vetiver essential oil cools and soothes red or inflamed skin.
- Powerful antioxidant: High in antioxidants, Vetiver essential oil is perfect for detoxing the body. Use as a protective agent to remove free radicals and boost the immune system simply by diffusing into the air.
- Beautifully aromatic: Vetiver essential oil is often used as an ingredient in the perfume industry. It has a unique yet rich scent that draws you in while elevating the aroma of the other ingredients.
- Insect and pest repellant: From bed bugs to moths, Vetiver essential oil makes a great deterrent for insects and pests. Compared to other oils, Vetiver wins because it’s long-lasting.
- An enjoyable aphrodisiac: The secret to a great marriage, not really but it helps! You can boost libido with vetiver essential oil. Although there is little proof that vetiver is an actual aphrodisiac, many believe otherwise and I agree. I think it’s because of its strong, sensual aroma.
- A great night’s sleep: Not only will vetiver essential oil help you fall asleep, it is especially useful for helping you stay asleep. If you have a tendency to wake up in the middle of the night, Vetiver just might help. Classified as a sedative, Vetiver should be diluted especially in households with children.
Do not underestimate the potency of Vetiver essential oil. It is in the category with some of the most versatile oils and will make a great addition to your household collection. Vetiver essential oil blends well with Bergamot, Cedarwood, Jasmine and any of the citrus oils. Check out these oil blends for peace and calm that you can use with your family as well.
Your kids are going to fall in love with this addition, I promise!
Photo Credit: Boy peeking out of door, overwhelmed mom, tired child
Enter your email address to get this FREE parenting tips mini-ebook delivered straight to your inbox.